Balanced diet chart for weight loss: A healthy balanced eating plan gives your body the nutrients it needs every day while staying within your daily calorie goal for weight loss. Also healthy diet chart also will lower your risk for heart disease and other health conditions and maintain health.
First important thing is to calculate how much calories need a person.
Estimated amounts of calories needed to maintain energy balance for various gender and age groups at three different levels of physical activity. We can divided into 3 sections:-
Sedentary, Moderately active and Active person.
Sedentary– A sedentary lifestyle is a type of lifestyle involving little or no physical activity. A person living a sedentary lifestyle is often sitting or lying down while engaged in an activity like reading, socializing, watching television, playing video games, or using a mobile phone/computer for much of the day.
Moderately active– Moderately active means a lifestyle that includes physical activity equivalent to walking about 1.5 to 3 miles per day at 3 to 4 miles per hour, in addition to the light physical activity associated with typical day-to-day life.
Active – An energetic person is very active and does not feel at all tired. An energetic activity involves a lot of physical movement and power.
Then you have to decide whether include which above category you are.
The following chart shows which type of person you are and how much calories you need:
Then you need to know the Components of Balanced Diet:
- Vitamins & Minerals– Vitamins and minerals are as essential for living as air and water. Not only do they keep your body healthy and functional, they protect you from a variety of diseases.
- Protein– Protein is essential to good health. You need it to put meat on your bones and to make hair, blood, connective tissue, antibodies, enzymes, and more.
- Carbohydrates-Carbs,” also known as carbohydtres are one of the macronutrients, which are the compounds that give your body energy in the form of calories. Foods with carbs are digested into sugar, which provides your body with glucose, an important source of energy. Your body requires carbohydrates to function properly.
- Fats– Healthful high-fat foods are not something to shy away from. The body needs a certain amount of fat from the diet to aid hormone function, me Healthful high-fat foods are not something to shy away from. The body needs a certain amount of fat from the diet to aid hormone function, memory, and the absorption of specific nutrients. The most healthful fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which includes Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
You must include all these components for your diet plan.
Now we can discuss various foods related to different components:-
Vitamins & Minerals– Vegetables and Fruits, brown rice, nuts, beans including soya bean, soymilk, watermelon. fish,tomato, potatoes and more.
Protein– Eggs,almonds,chicken breast,oats,broccoli,leen beef,tuna, healthy meat, poultry and seafood,legumes, nuts and seeds, dairy foods and alternatives.
Carbohydrares– Buckwheat. Buckwheat is also a pseudocereal. . Oats, Bananas, Sweet Potatoes,Beetroots,Oranges, Blueberries. Whole fruits: Apples, bananas, strawberries, etc . Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc. Seeds: Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds. Whole grains: Choose grains that are truly whole, as in pure oats, quinoa, brown rice, etc. Legumes: Lentils, kidney beans, peas, etc. Whole carbs foods are healthy, while refined carbs you should avoid or limit.
Examples of whole carbs include vegetables, whole fruit, legumes, potatoes and whole grains. These foods are generally healthy. On the other hand, refined carbs include sugar-sweetened beverages, fruit juices, pastries, white bread, white pasta, white rice and others.
Foods for Fats – Avocado, Chia seeds, Dark chocolate, Eggs, Fatty fish, Flaxseeds, Nuts, Olive oil, Yogurt, and more.
Importance of healthy diet plan:-
A balanced healthy diet chart is of utmost importance for the body to function properly and results in weight loss.
- It provides essential micronutrients viz. vitamins and minerals to maintain the cells, tissues, and organs.
- A balanced diet chart also helps in maintaining a healthy weight, reduces body fat, provides your body with energy, and eventually gives a feeling of well-being.
- A balanced diet chart keeps you on track, helping in healthy lifestyle modification.
Ways to maintain a Balanced Diet Chart:
1.Follow the correct mealtime.
2. Be physically active during the day
3. Maintain a list of healthy foods
4. Replace processed foods with fruits and veggies
5. Include more Proteins
6. Cut down sugar in your tea/coffee
7. Remove ‘Salt’ from your table
In order to eat a balanced diet, the following points should be kept in mind:-
1.Don’t skip meals.
2. Choose healthy alternatives of foods.
3. Include foods from all the food groups.
4. Keep a check on meal portions.
5. Avoid added sugar and packaged foods.
6. Keep a variety on your plate.
7. Always follow a balanced diet.
8. Eat more veggies and fruits.
9. Avoid aerated beverages.