How to Monetize YouTube Channel in 2022

You can Monetize your Youtube channel to meet youtube requirements and guidelines. The YouTube Partner Program makes it very easy to set up your YouTube account. When you log into Youtube Studio, you’ll see the monetization tab, and you’ll be able to apply to the programme here once your account has reached the required number of subscribers and views.

After you’ve applied to the partner program, your account will be reviewed, and you should hear back soon to see if you’ve been accepted. It will take 24 hrs for approve monetization process by youtube. You can start monetizing your account and expanding your revenue streams from here.

All of your advertising analytics will be displayed in YouTube Studio and AdSense, so check in on a regular basis to see how you’re doing. This will also provide you with useful information about your performance and areas where you can improve.

Requirements to monetize your youtube channel

Joining the YouTube Partner Program is the first step toward monetizing your YouTube videos (YPP.) While anyone can create a YouTube account, you must meet some basic requirements to join YPP, and you must keep these requirements in mind when creating content.

First and foremost, your channel must meet a few criteria before being considered for the programme:

Over the last 12 months, 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time is compulsory.

These are simple requirements that you can work toward by creating great content and growing your audience.

The more difficult aspect of joining the YPP, and the area where YouTube will spend time auditing your channel, is ensuring that your channel follows YouTube’s policies and guidelines.

You must take care that, upload advertisement friendly content and valuable contents.

Keep these things in mind whenever you upload content to YouTube, and if you plan on monetizing your videos, it’s a good idea to read these documents thoroughly.

Lastly, you need to set up a Google AdSense account, which will track the ads shown on YouTube and pay you accordingly.

Tips for Monetizing Your YouTube Videos

Just because you’ve come to the stage where YouTube monetization is possible doesn’t mean you’ll start making money right away. What you need to do now is make sure you stick to the principles that have received you this far.

The most important thing, as with any publication, is to continue to provide value to your target audience, so there are a few things to keep in mind:

  1. Only sponsor products you would buy.
  2. Be consistent with your posting.
  3. Never compromise on quality.
  4. Take steps to understand your audience.
  5. Diversify your channels: Grow your other platforms such as blogs and social media.
  6. Reward your loyal followers.
  7. Use SEO to boost your profile.

If you want to make the most of YouTube monetization, you’ll need to expand your profile in a variety of ways, so make sure you have a broad focus and are always trying to improve.

Ways to Monetize YouTube Videos

There are numerous ways to monetize your YouTube videos, just as there are numerous ways to monetize your website.

Although advertising revenue is the most obvious way to make money from your videos, it is not the only option, and different options will suit different creators.

However, everybody’s content is different, and they will have different ways of monetizing it:

1. Ad Revenue

Ad revenue is probably the first thing that comes to mind when people think of the YouTube Partner Program, and it can be a significant source of income.

You can immediately turn on ads for all videos that meet YouTube’s advertiser-friendly content guidelines once you’ve been accepted into the YPP. This allows advertisers to place ads on your content, and when YouTube receives payment from advertisers, they share the proceeds with you.

YouTube takes a 45 percent cut of each ad that is shown on your channel, receiving you with the remaining 55 percent. This money is then paid to you through Google AdSense, where you can track all of your statistics.

How to Turn on Ads

  1. Go to your YouTube Studio.
  2. Click “Content” in the left sidebar.
  3. Select a video or multiple videos.
  4. Click Monetization in the left sidebar.
  5. Select the type of ads you want to run.
  6. Save.

2. YouTube Premium

YouTube takes a 45 percent cut of each ad that is shown on your channel, leaving you with the remaining 55 percent. This money is then paid to you through Google AdSense, where you can track all of your statistics.

All YouTube account holders have access to YouTube Premium, which provides users with a more enhanced experience. The main benefit of YouTube Premium is that it removes all advertisements, allowing users to watch their favourite videos uninterrupted, and it also allows you to run the YouTube app in the background without pausing the video.

You get paid as a creator and YPP member every time a YouTube Premium member watches your content, which, with over 20 million Premium members, could happen quite frequently.

When a YouTube Premium member watches your content, you’ll be paid automatically, so once you’ve been accepted into the YPP, you won’t need to make any changes to your account to take advantage of this feature.

3. Channel Memberships

Channel memberships are similar to using a membership programme to monetize your website. This allows your members to pay a membership fee and gain access to exclusive videos, live chats, emojis, badges, and other content in return for their payment.

Of course, you’ll still need to focus on free content to grow your channel, but this allows you to make the most money from some of your best videos.

Channel memberships are a great way to monetize your videos, but there are some additional requirements to unlock this revenue stream, as you might expect. More than 30,000 subscribers are required.

YouTube must be confident that you are providing value in order to charge people for private content, and one of the ways it determines this is by looking at how many people subscribe to your channel. You can easily enable channel members and start using this feature once you’ve reached this milestone.

How to Turn on Channel Memberships

  1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
  2. Select “Monetization” on the left sidebar.
  3. Submit your perks.
  4. Create your intro video.
  5. Choose your pricing structure (you can create multiple membership tiers, so you can hit many different price points).
  6. Post the “Join” button on your page.

4. Super Chat and Super Stickers

You may have watched a YouTube livestream and wondered how some people were able to have their messages highlighted in the live chat. They bought a super chat or a super sticker, which allows them to have their message featured and even pinned to the top of the chat.

Super chat gives viewers more access to the brand they’re interacting with, and it gives content creators another revenue stream.

Users can spend up to $500 on super chat, with you keeping roughly 70% and YouTube taking the remaining 30%. If you have a large audience watching a stream, as you might expect, this can quickly add up.

If you’re new to livestreaming, here are some of my favourite ways to engage with your viewers and increase your revenue.

Super chat and super stickers are only available in certain areas, so make sure you’re in the right place before getting started with this hugely profitable revenue stream.

How to Turn on Super Chat and Super Stickers

  1. Go to your YouTube Studio.
  2. Select “Monetization” in the left sidebar.
  3. From the top menu, select “Live Chat,” then “Get Started.”
  4. Follow the instructions until you see the message “Super chat status is on.”

5. Make Sponsored Content

You don’t have to limit yourself to the YouTube Partner Program to make money.

You can also make money from sponsored content by monetizing your YouTube videos. This entails approaching brands and offering to create videos featuring their products, and there is a sizable market for this.

Companies are willing to pay a lot of money to get their brands in front of a large, engaged audience, so if your videos are getting a lot of views, this could be your main source of income.

YouTube BrandConnect, which uses an algorithm to match you with potential sponsors, is a good way to find companies to sponsor your YouTube content. The amount you get paid will depend on the quality of your content and the number of viewers, just like any other monetization method, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

6. Crowdfund Your Projects

You’ve probably heard of crowdfunding for startups; now you can use the same concept to fund your YouTube content creation. You can find people to financially support your work in exchange for special perks using third-party apps like Patreon.

For example, in exchange for a $1 monthly subscription, you could give people early access to your new content. You decide how much your content is worth, and Patreon users decide how much they think it is worth.

YouTube recently added its own crowdfunding feature, allowing you to add a sponsor button to your videos. This, like Patreon, allows you to give your audience rewards in exchange for monthly funding. This option was initially only available on gaming channels, but it is now being rolled out to more channels.

7. Sell Merchandise

If you’ve established a strong brand through your content, your audience is likely to want to support it by purchasing merchandise.

When your channel has 10,000 or more subscribers, you can use YouTube’s merchandise feature to generate additional revenue. This option may not be appropriate for every channel, but it can provide a significant income for some YouTubers.

It’s estimated that a good merch shelf can bring in between $4,100 and $21,460 per month with 1,000,000 YouTube views per month, so it’s worth looking into.

How to Turn on Merchandise

  1. Go to YouTube Studio.
  2. Click “Monetization” on the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on the “merchandise” tab (it will only be visible if you’re eligible).
  4. Follow the instructions and receive your Teespring ID.

8. Become a Brand Affiliate

Publishers have long relied on affiliate links to monetize their blogs and videos.

When you join an affiliate programme, you can sell a variety of products, and you get paid a set percentage of the sale every time someone buys something through your unique link.

Affiliate offers vary greatly, and there are many to choose from, but if you find products that are relevant to your content, it can be a high paying revenue stream. Affiliate marketing is frequently discussed on the internet, but if you’re looking for some pointers, here are some of my thoughts on when you should use it.

The description is the simplest place to include affiliate links in your content. You can, however, incorporate them directly into the video content.

Remember that successful content always provides value to the reader, so any affiliate links you include must be relevant and useful to them. Because the products you recommend reflect on you, make sure your affiliate links are up to standard with the quality of your content.

Quick understand to how to monetize youtbe channel

1. Create an Account and Join YouTube Partner Program

Look for the monetization tab in YouTube Studio. The option will appear when you are eligible.

2. Meet YouTube’s Requirements

Have at least 1,000 subscribers or 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months.

3. Setup a Google Ad Account

This will track the ads on YouTube. and pay you accordingly.

4. Choose How To Monetize Your Channel

Ad revenue, YouTube Premium, channel memberships, and super chat are common options.

5. Follow YouTube Monetization Best Practices

Only sponsor items you would buy, be consistent, and make sure you understand your audience.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *